Nature of Science
Chapter 1: Matter and Atoms
Chapter 2: States of Matter
Chapter 3: The Periodic Table
- Solving the Puzzle of the Periodic Table: TED Ed Video
- The Genius of Mendeleev's Periodic Table : TED Ed Video
- The Photographic Periodic Table
- Periodic Table of the Elements: PBS website with interactive Periodic Table
- Element Symbol Game
- The Elements Song Music Video
- Meet the Elements Music Video
- Materials Virtual Lab
- What is Materials Science Engineering?
- The Science of Firework Color Video
Chapter 4: Elements and Chemical Bonds
Chp 5: Chemical Reactions and Equations
Chapter 10: Reproduction of Organisms
Chapter 11: Genetics
Chp 9: Environmental Impacts
Make-up Work/Late Work:
If you miss a day of school please look in the correct folder to find any papers you need. You will have the number of school days missed to make up your work. It is your responsibility to make sure you copy any notes you missed and turn in all assignments that were due while you were gone. Assignments will be considered late if not turned in during the allowable make-up days.
Late work will be penalized unless you discuss the issue with me before the assignment is due. Fifty percent of the total grade will be lost if a homework assignment is turned in late. No work will be accepted for a chapter after that chapter’s test unless discussed with me. Late work completed at PASS will receive a 40% reduction instead of a 50% reduction. Work from previous chapters will be accepted if completed at PASS.